AudibleManager Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Improvements in Audible 5.1

Audible Manger 5.1 is now running a lot better with CX 6.0. All the buttons and menus work, and the fonts are much cleaner. It can also successfully active to play audible content. As with most Wine apps hardware access does not work. So no CD burning, and I doubt any of the players will be able to connect to it. It also does not remember where it left off when playing a book so you have to fast forward it to the point you left off. The download helper app also usually closes by it self but the apps are still running and have to be killed manually. You also can not download more than one book at a time.

Since the folder changes the command to use the download helper has changed a little bit.

/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --start "/home/<<Your_User_ID>>/.cxoffice/Win2k-Audible/drive_c/Program Files/Audible/Bin/AudibleDownloadHelper.exe"

Since Audible apps are not supported it is a good idea to install them in their own 2k based bottle. I created a bottle called "Win2k-Audible". If you do this as well you will need to add --bottle <<Bottle_Name>> to the comand. So for me it was :

/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle "Win2k-Audible" --start "/home/<<Your_User_ID>>/.cxoffice/Win2k-Audible/drive_c/Program Files/Audible/Bin/AudibleDownloadHelper.exe"

Same in 6.1. However, I think that the audible manager is, to a large degree, useless unless you can sync music with your device.

Tried This?

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/how-to-use-usb-devices-a-webcam-in-this-case-in-wine-1-3-16-a-873968/

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHpHeEFoQ01KckZQUGFNcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9