Autostitch Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

It works!

Download the autostitch.exe file from http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html and place it in a folder. It is not an installation file. Simply double click on it (or right click and select "Open with "Run with Crossover"") and it should start running. The website says that it runs under Wine and I have found no issues with it in Crossover running on two different Ubuntu machines.

What I would like to do is add the icon to my menu. Because it is not "installed", it doesn't have it's icon in the start menu and adding it doesn't work properly. It throws an error "Could not launch menu item. Failed to execute child process "autostitch.exe" (Permission denied)" I'm sure there's some way I need to phrase the command field to get it to "Run with Crossover" but I'm still fairly new to this and haven't figured it out yet.

Any suggestions?

Are you using CrossOver's Run Command tool (AKA cxrun) to launch the program, and to add the icon to your menu?

That was the clue I needed. I was able to create a shortcut on my desktop (Applications>Crossover>Run a windows Command>browse to exe file>Create Shortcut) and then pasted the command line (right click>Properties>Launcher) to a new entry in the menu (System>Preferences>Main Menu>New Item).

"/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine/" --bottle "win98" --untested --workdir "/home/kordite/applications" -- "/home/kordite/applications"/autostitch.exe"

Works like a charm. Thanks for the hint.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFR1NEVHM3d2Nmh6cFZQMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9