Battlefield 1942 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Games 8.0

Using Snow leopard on my Macbook;

Well it works now full screen now, no virtual desktop needed anymore, so i will delete that section at the install instructions.
One thing though; something with the soundeffects. Its also reported in wineHQ, when shells of tanks explode, some sound muffled or
cut short at the start and end. So theres an issue where they can work on. For the rest no complaining ;)

I didn't manage to start the game. When i trying to start the game nothing happens.

I also tried the steps in your first thread. At the moment I have no idea whats the Problem.

Crossover: Games 8.0.0

[b] The Digital Rights Management (DRM) software in this program
prevents it from running in CrossOver. If you are in a legal jurisdiction
which allows removal of such software, you may have luck running this
program. Unfortunately, CodeWeavers, because they are subject to the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act, will be unable to support you.
[/b]
So thats probably the issue.

Enjoy.

Paulthetall wrote:

[b]The Digital Rights Management (DRM) software in this program
prevents it from running in CrossOver. If you are in a legal
jurisdiction
which allows removal of such software, you may have luck running
this
program. Unfortunately, CodeWeavers, because they are subject to
the
[/b]
So thats probably the issue.

Enjoy.

Thanks. Now It's working.

I've mounted the CD in the wrong folder. So cxgames can't find it.

Now the Graphics are broken if i want to play at highest settings. But i think thats a Problem with my Graphics Card.

Bene wrote:

Thanks. Now It's working.

I've mounted the CD in the wrong folder. So cxgames can't find it.

Now the Graphics are broken if i want to play at highest settings.
But i think thats a Problem with my Graphics Card.

excuse me for being a noob but how do you mount a CD in a certain folder, for me it just shows up on my desktop and says "Express install" or "ignore" and i click ignor ebecause i already installed it, maybe thats why it doesnt read the disc.

When you want crossover see a map as drive you can do that using the installer. Choose managed bottles and for the specific bottle choose the application tab, then install software --> unsupported software --> continue --> continue and there you can choose a file or folder or cd as installer

I think he meant that.

I'm on Linux and i mount my CD Drives manually into folders ;)

I didn't mount it on /media/cdrom so cxgames couldn't find the cd

ok this is still not working, i have a macbook with snow leopard, i have CXG 8.0.0, ive been trying and the same thing happens no matter what, the icon comes up, and just dissapears!!! i have the game in the drive, it just never works!!

Thats the problem! You NEED a cd fysicly in the drive. Mount just a cd image wont do! You need to put the cd in the drive.
[b]
The Digital Rights Management (DRM) software in this program
Digital Millennium Copyright Act, will be unable to support you. [/b]

rustinpeace91 wrote:

ok this is still not working, i have a macbook with snow leopard, i
have CXG 8.0.0, ive been trying and the same thing happens no matter
what, the icon comes up, and just dissapears!!! i have the game in
the drive, it just never works!!

That the icon disappears immediately, is because probably crossover misses something, like a program or a cd or something. If its not a cd then its something else. Did you exactly do as in the instructions? Installed both game patches?

The game exits silently if it doesn't find a CD drive

If you are on Linux, make sure the disk is mounted and available inside crossover as a cdrom drive. A image won't work in my experience, the linux cdrom emulators aren't good enough to fool the game's copy protection.

On OSX, the cdrom check will fail because OSX doesn't allow direct SCSI access.

I have a macbook, not linux, so basically what you are saying is im screwed? why does it say "Gold" on mac for 8.0.0 then? i payed 14 bucks for this (actually it might have been 20 i forgot) i really want it to work because it was my favorite game a couple years back.

However, paulthetall sounds like he got it working with the CD - although I don't know how that could work.
(The ratings are from advocates, the CodeWeavers rating is "untested")

It's also possible that there are some legal pay-for download versions of the game that don't have CD based copy protection. Steam doesn't have BF1942, only BF2. Though even if there are some it won't help you since you already bought the CDs.

It's also possible that some game update tightens or softens the CD check.

Edit: Deleted my own post. I am not sure if I am allowed to help you with that even if nocd patches are allowed in your country since our servers and company sre located in the US(DMCA applies). sorry ☹️

who can help me then? I bought the game twice! (once because i lost hte CD) and i thought when it said "Gold" it meant that it works on all intel macs does it just not work on macbooks? except paul the tall is using a macbook so that cant be it. im pretty much doing the same things as him, i have the world war II anthology edition, maybe that has something to do with it. idk.

rustinpeace91 wrote:

who can help me then? I bought the game twice! (once because i lost
hte CD) and i thought when it said "Gold" it meant that it works on
all intel macs does it just not work on macbooks? except paul the
tall is using a macbook so that cant be it. im pretty much doing the
same things as him, i have the world war II anthology edition, maybe
that has something to do with it. idk.

It could be, i use the cheap $5,99 edition (2 cd version) i installed the game. Installed the 2 update patches.
[b]
Digital Millennium Copyright Act, will be unable to support you. [/b]

Then in the winecfg uncheck the checkboxes and you should run the game. I also copied the shortcut to the desktop in my game folder. I always start games from that folder (not via crossover itself). More i cant say, it just works, no problems at all.

OK so a little update on my situation here, i still cant get the PC version to work on my mac, but my friend gave me his mac version to try and it works beautifully under rosetta, i eventually in the future might want to try to get the PC version again to work due to the obvious advantage in modibility (allthough i think there are a few mods for mac out there as well) but for now i can play it so im not pulling my hair out anymore. thanks for trying to help.

apologies for the edits.

1 to 18 of 18

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieVo2SFBGY0dFTlJtQTNCeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9