Battlefield 1942 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Anybody have this working in 9.1?

Just curious. Does anybody have this working in 9.1?

I followed the instructions from Paul the Tall.
I installed.
I updated.
I unchecked the boxes.
I had the CD in the drive.

I then tried checking and unchecking various boxes. I tried UseGLSL enabled and disabled. I'm getting a log, but not much of one, not enough to see where the problem is. Any ideas?

Yes, the game works for me (except for the not loading expansion pack maps, as described in my thread).

I think the problem you have is, that the CD check still does not work properly. I found that you have to do The Thing That Is Not To Be Mentioned Here Due To The DCMA(tm) and then - and that's the trick - still have to insert a CD (any CD) or mount a CD image with Toast.

Odd, yes, but it works that way.

By the way: you don't have to uncheck any boxes anymore. The game runs fine without any hacks (well, except the above mentioned one).

Ah, the CD still in the drive. I hadn't tried that one, but I will. Thanks.

Thank you very much, Simon. That did the trick. I had some resolution troubles, but changing the OffscreenRenderingMode to backbuffer fixed it. Thanks so much.

it was part of step 9 of the instructions:

Step 9: Make always sure, you have the Battlefield 1942 cd physically in the drive when you start the game! Otherwise it wont start!

Resolution issue can also be fixed bij in the winecfg graphic tab deslect the the 2 managed windows options.

See step 7:
Step 7: Go to manage bottles -> control panel --> winecfg --> graphical tab --> make sure you also unselect all 4 options (directx, decoration and manage windows and virtual desktop)

i thought making it sticky it would be not to miss...

Actually, Paul, the problem turned out to be a faulty patch and a patch incompatibility. If you notice my original post: I did in fact uncheck the boxes and I did have the CD in the drive originally. Unfortunately, due to the patch problem, the game was failing to load. Simon's advice helped me track down the problem. Simon also mentioned that I didn't need to uncheck the boxes, which is why in the final attempt, when I finally did get the game running, I didn't think to uncheck the box.

So your 'sticky' was not ignored. In fact, it was very clear and helpful. I simply had another problem that distracted me for a bit.

Paulthetall wrote:

it was part of step 9 of the instructions:

Step 9: Make always sure, you have the Battlefield 1942 cd physically in the drive when you start the game! Otherwise it wont start!

I found that it does not have to be the BF1942 CD: it can be any CD. A CD image mounted with Toast (<- important: MacOS X's image mounter does not do the trick) is also sufficient.

When post dependenties is implanted i will publish a c4p files that do all the work including patching to the right version. Only then left to do is the copy protect issue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclhzTXZYMng0UFhVUFNKRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9