Battlefield 1942 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game status in Crossover Games 9.1

Graphics: Nvidia 9400M

Alright, here an overview of the game status including certain solutions to make things clear in one thread.

Battlefield 1942 2 CD version:
I recently installed Battlefield 1942 again tot test if it still works in Crossover Games 9.1 using my instructions
i made last year, and it still works for me on my Imac. I also made the c4p file take care of the window management issue on step 7 of the instruction manual.
So that's something you don`t need to worry about. So now at the moment it still a matter of patching to the right version and the CD copy protection issue.
Note: make sure you have the CD physically in the drive or you got a bouncing icon and then it will disappear. Simon Janich notes that a cd image mounting by toast
will work also.

Battlefield 1942 The WWII Anthology + Expansions Road to Rome and Secret Weapons:
I myself got it running properly by installing the games separately; so first BF1942 --> patch to 1.6.19 --> 1.61b --> then Road to Rome --> then Secret Weapons.
Then at last the CD copy protection Issue. You can read things about this subject here too. If you run in an issue with a black screen and an olive cursor: Crispy found out that the solutions for that is this...

Issues:
The only issue left at the moment what i discovered (multiplayer not tested), is with the sound, that by explosion sounds, it cuts off the sound of the blow
(not a big issue). Its a known problem, there is a bug entered for that issue.

What says wineHQ?
Read it here...

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibjZZZE03eVZ2RTk1cmViViIsImdkcHIiOjB9