Battlefield Bad Company 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game works

You have to do three things to get the Steam version of this game running:

• Run the game the first time. This will create the folder "BFBC2" in your documents folder. The game won't run, so you might have to force quit it.
  • Open ~/Documents/BFBC2/settings.ini and change "DxVersion=auto" to "DxVersion=9" and "SpeakerCount=0" to "SpeakerCount=2"
  • Choose "Run Command…" from the "Programs" menu in CrossOver Games and run the command "regedit". Make sure you use the right bottle. Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DirectInput and create a new string value named "MouseWarpOverride" and set the value to "force"

I played through the first two missions and online. The game runs fine, but sometime it has some slowdowns. You cannot play on ranked multiplayer servers, because Punkbuster isn't working, but other servers work.

For anyone reading this, I dont know if its just me but the cutscenes also go by about 100 times faster then normal so most of them only last about a second. Also I dont get any sound when I play and the mousewarpoverride command doesnt work for me, if there is anybody that can tell me what im doing wrong with that command please help, thank you.

That happens when the SpeakerCount property is set to 0. Set it it to 2 as instructed above. The game probably bases its cutscenes on audio timing and so without speakers to the time proceeds too quickly.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNXJ2ZzN4WmV3WVhHUWVTdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9