Battlefield Bad Company 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't get past splash screen

I'm not sure if this is a regression or if I just got lucky. But I followed the steps outlined by Clemens and modified the settings.ini file. The game appears to work at start-up. There's some animation. But about the time the EA logo appears on-screen, everything just freezes up. Has anyone else run into this?

It's working fine for me...more or less.

Steam version installed in a Windows XP bottle, Crossover 14.0.3, OpenSUSE 13.2

The game ran with no modifications, but I couldn't hear dialogue in the cutscenes. I made the modifications suggested to settings.ini and now the dialogue audio is fixed. It seems a little bit stuttery and glitchy but I've played all the way through the first level with no major issues.

Works for me, maybe reinstall? Im using a bottle I used to get Red Orchestra to work. It is on win Vista and has Direct X9 and .NET frameworks. The only problem I've come across is with punk buster when playing online, but I think I fixed it by uninstalling it (theres an .exe in a folder called "install") and reinstalling it from the website (theres a download)

Edit: Scratch that punk buster is still kicking me from servers.

Got it to work fine without punk buster problems under Paulthetall's steambuildx11 wrapper.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3h6NkpyVUpFaDVoWDdDTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9