Battle.net Desktop App Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Errors running Battle.net

I'm running into issues with getting Battle.net working "right".

I've used both the CrossTie and the manual tweaks under Tips&Tricks with the same results. Basically Battle.net installs, and runs OK, but I get this error message on every game tab/page:

Unable to load content
An error occurred while retrieving content. This may be a temporary problem with Battle.net or it may be caused by an unresponsive internet connection.
Please check your internet connection, then reload this page using the link below. For more troubleshooting options, click trhe error code.
Error code: BLZBNTBNA000003E8 (1007)

Otherwise, it runs, and WoW updates correctly etc.

Hearthstone never becomes available to launch (even though I've got a valid key)

I also get that error message. It's benign. You can see it in the screenshots that I've uploaded.

Regarding HS, you should make sure that you closed the B.net App and that all instances of Agent.exe are closed. You may want to use the "Quit bottle" button in the bottle manager. I don't really understand what you mean by "Hearthstone never becomes available to launch". Does it appear in the App but it does not get installed? Have you tried using a separate bottle for Hearthstone? It's good practice to use separate bottles for your various programs unless you need/want them to communicate with each other like Total Commander and Notepad++ the latter being configured to be the default editor.

After much tinkering... and no idea which particular tinker it was, the Play button became available for Hearthstone, and the game launches... and works 100%. It was prob related to multiple copies of Agent.exe, explorer.exe and so on.... at some point i cleaned up the orphan processes, and it was after this, on a relaunch of Battle.net that Hearthstone updated and started working.

Well, working almost 100%. Due to my setup (dual screen) I had to edit the config file for Hearthstone and force it to windowed mode. In default config, it dropped the resolution to 1680x1050, and switched off the right monitor. Any attempt to adjust the resolution setting in-game resulted in an error. Editing the config file directly fixed it up though.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVY1S3RxWmM4Yk1Ic25ZTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9