Beyond Good and Evil Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running too fast (Audio/visual out of sync)

I just bought this game today on steam, it starts up fine but is running at least twice as fast as it is supposed to while the audio is playing normally,(and has a diagonal line from top left to bottom right) it is not unplayable but far from perfect.

I am playing this on a new macbook pro.

Im aware this is a problem on the PC as well but havn't seen any fixes for macs. does anyone have any solution to this?

Thanks

The GOG version of BG&E has a little helper app called Run.exe that's apparently supposed to keep the CPU clock in check, which keeps the video in sync with the audio. Not being a techie type, I have know idea if it's specifically geared to work with PC CPU's. If it is, then the solution to this problem would seem to be a similar little app that runs with the game. If it's more general, how hard would it be to get the two programs to run together?

Wish I could delete this since I did more research and found it irrelevant.

One thing you can try is running this at the same time as crossover:

http://www.hex2bit.com/test/Full Processing.jar

I found it on the Beyond Good and Evil Forums. I plan on testing it later after I get my linux system running again - but someone else might desire giving it a go in the meantime =)

The jar will "work" but its not a great solution, will strain your processor, and doesn't 100% solve the problem.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTGNLYjJGSGRiUTZySnVKRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9