BibleWorks 9 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Help files

Has anyone ever gotten the help files to work correctly?
If so, how?
If not, is there any hope that we're getting there?

Blessings,

Christoph

Christoph Fischer wrote:

Has anyone ever gotten the help files to work correctly?
If so, how?
If not, is there any hope that we're getting there?

Blessings,

Christoph

You did not say whether you are using Mac or Linux. One Linux solution is to install a native Linux .chm file reader, navigate to where the help files are located and view them that way.
The other way is to open a file, but do not click on any of hide, back, home, or options icons. That will cause an immediate crash. Also, don't try to move or resize or close the window. What you can do is navigate within the contents list (to include searching) and the right hand pane. As long as you do only those functions, you should be okay. Don't close the help window at the end. Wait until you are done. When you close the main BibleWorks program, the help windows will also gracefully exit and not crash.

I hope that this will help. Like you, I would like to see this fixed. Except for this, BibleWorks has been working great for me.

Here is some good news. Apparently, the upgrade to Crossover 12 has finally addressed the issue with the help files causing the program to crash. I was able to perform operations which before would have caused an immediate program crash. With this problem now addressed, I have now changed my rating of this program to Gold. Kudos to Crossover for getting the last problems ironed out.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXlmR1ZKbTh1dWdkdkFGUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9