Big Fish Games Manager Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Help with Big Fish Games titles - Read The First

Hi,

I've tested about 30 BFG titles -- not all are the same, and some require other dependencies.

This varies from title to title -- if you have any problems actually running the installed game,
just let us know which BFG title you're trying to get running so we can try to figure out what
that game needs to get it running in crossover games.

....please search the C4 database first before posting here!....

If the game title already exists in C4, post to the forum on that page - use the information
below as a guideline towards providing us all with with useful feedback in that posting.

[u]Always tell us which platform/OS{version} you are using, and what videocard/chipset you have. In
the linux case, tell use which video card drivers you have installed. You should also state which
version of crossover you are using.[/u] Firstly however, you should attempt to remedy the problem by
trying a few 'likely candidates' I've noticed thus far that will stop a BFG title from running.

Emulated virtual desktop - by default, the Big Fish Games Manager does not enable this option. It
is worthwhile enabling this option and trying to start the game again. Some titles require one or
another (more than one) installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Redists, I've found other
titles that require the installation of Directx Runtime Modern into the bottle..iirc, one game was
happy when it saw Visual Basic 6 Runtime in the same bottle. In theory, it should be 'safe' to
install other dependencies into the same bottle containing other games, but just to be sure, make
sure you backup (archive) your Big Fish Games Manager bottle before you go experimenting with things.

This thread is locked -- that's deliberate on my part.

There are so many Big Fish Games titles, it's unlikely we'd ever get them all covered any time
soon, and even less likely they'll be in C4 yet, so you'll end up here perhaps. You've read all of
this above, and gone "Gack! That is just too much for me to deal with!"....here's what to do;

1. Start a new thread in this forum - include the name of the Big Fish Game title you're having
trouble with in the subject line of the new thread.

2. Please include as much as you can of the underlined information detailed above - it helps.

3. Include any other details of what the issue is, what you've tried (if anything) to work around
the problem etc...or not...this is optional, but something helps too 8)

Due to the fact there's so many titles, and that there's going to be multiple solutions (or not)
to get a non-working title working, it will be a lot clearer/easier for others to resource the
relevant information if it's presented on a per thread per BFG title basis. BFG titles that end
up here and we manage to find a solution for, become prime fodder for new C4 entries, as they've
identified themselves as being BFG titles people are interested in -- along the way, we've gotten
ourselves enough data to spool up a c4p for that new C4 entry as well, and us advocates of this
forum can change the subject line according to -solved- or -working as of cx x.x- or whatever...

It will also help speed having someone else look at it for you/speculate a solution, if you do
provide at least 1. & 2. above and state the game title in the thread subject line - if someone
hasn't already tried it, they can start downloading right away - if they have tried it, they may
already have an answer for you ...good or bad... 8) I'll post an example for others to follow.

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS21GV1pldE5iNWRBWjJYYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9