Big Fish Games Manager Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

BFG Manager's C4P file works great, CXG Linux 9.1

Out of habit, I tried installing Big Fish Games Manager (BFGM) by myself. It did not work.

Then I remembered the C4P and Don's thread. I tried running the C4P in the same bottle I had already created, but that was a mistake; it hung. So I ran the C4P again, now into a new bottle. Everything went perfect.

One important thing:

As soon as the installer is done, it launches the BFGM, but CXG's installer is still running. For piece of mind, close the BFGM right away. This will cause the CXG installer to finish properly. Now you can load the BFGM again.

Actually, after installation, I don't think you ever really need to run the Manager directly again. If you do run it, it won't detect your uninstalled but purchased games, so it won't ask you to download anything. But it will let you launch any games already installed in that bottle. However, games can be launched directly from their own executables, so it's not necessary.

The only function the BFG Manager will serve is, as I understand it, to let me install individual BF Games.

Thanks for the C4P, Don. And thanks CXG team!

Hi again,

Actually, Carlos deserves the kudos for being the author of 6268.cp4
not I -- it was more a case of coincidence that I was helping someone
else in the forums with a BFG title, and I happened across his work
here and contributed to it.

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFhKSlhndWhTSnJ0a1ltYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9