Brother's Keeper 6.4 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

BK 6.4, Crossover 12.5, OSX 10.8.5

I've been trying to get BK working for a long time now, hoping each crossover update would fix whatever the problem is.

It installs fine, loads up a huge database and at first glance looks like it's working. However, I've figured out a way by clicking on just the right sequence of things to have it lock up in such a way that trying to exit the Edit window or switch individual won't work and will just play the os bump sound. I've enabled logging and have a bunch of messages like those when it happens...

fixme:richedit:IRichEditOle_fnInPlaceDeactivate stub 0x118c60c8
fixme:richedit:IRichEditOle_fnInPlaceDeactivate stub 0x118c60c8
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x101ea), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x0), partial stub!

Any help appreciated.

Hello,

I was unable to get BK6.6 to run in Crossover for the same reasons. However, I looked at WineHQ and found that the installation process must be changed.

Please try:

• Create a new bottle for Windows XP
  • First install Runtime for Visual Basic 6
  • Install Brother's Keeper, but notice:
    • Select install directory of C:\BK6 with no spaces
  • After installation is complete, run the program 1 time then exit
  • Delete C:\Brother's Keeper directory
  • Run the program again and it will ask if it should create a data directory. Answer Yes. It will then store data in C:\BK6 directory instead.
  • Everything should now work. However, if you find things that do not, please post. I do not normally use Brother's Keeper, but it is a good program.

[EDIT] Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using CrossOver Linux 12.5, but the Mac version is normally very much the same. I will test on my Mac if/when I get it fixed.

[EDIT] Credit to WineHQ post.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidk1Cdm15QmJIQ1c0UEFjRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9