Caesar III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GOG version - works, for the most part.

The game runs and installs fine; the issue is that the game doesn't handle resolution switching all that well, as changing to 1024x768 turns the screen black. I discovered that running the game in an emulated virtual desktop at 800x600 lets the game run. Other than that, I've found no significant issue with the game. The resolution issue prompted me to rate this game Silver with CXG 10.1.2.
(Tested on a GMA 950 MacBook w/10.6.8.)

As an addendum to my earlier post, in CX11, Caesar III works perfectly at 1024x768 resolution on fullscreen (GMA 950 MacBook, 10.6.8); no resolution switching problems, no black screens, no display errors.

No lucky for me now.

I opened another thread for my issue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTk1ydnVIWmJhZ3RzWm5GYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9