Caesar IV Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game status in Crossover Games 9.1

System: Macbook unitbody, Nvidia 9400M.
Crossover version: 9.1

Install instructions 2 CD version.

• I first run the C4P file.
  • Update the game to 1.1 (1.2 doesn't work)
  • Then there is the fact that it contains CD copy protection(DRM)
  • run the game

I saw the start (publishers, developer) then the intro. All no problems.
Next i saw the game menu, but the fonts are messed up. I made a support ticket for that.
After some clicking (on feeling) i think i get the first mission loaded, but in the end it gives an crash..or in crossover games 9.1, it gets stuck.

What says WineHQ?
Read it all here...

So i think we have to wait this one out.

Exact the same situation on Linux with Crossover Games 9.2

Test the Installation on 2 Ways:

• Via C4P = Installation abort on starting AutoRun.exe from CD (installed the game from CD with the setup.exe)
    Error 2: CaesarIV.exe Runtime Error in MS Visual C++ Runtime Library
  • Manually = Installed everything manually (MSXML 3, NET Framework 2, Standard Fonts, MDAC 2.8 - because failure on installing ODBC from the game)
    Video was ok, Menu with missing fonts, game loading abort with an error
    Update to Version 1.2: error on starting the game (before the video)

Hi there,

I'm really new to codeweavers, and don't know how to manipulate any technical stuff.
How do I install Caesar 4 on my Macbook (OS X, version 10.6.6)?

Thanks so much in advance!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidDNHRUp1QncybjVuRlZlcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9