ChemDraw 15 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation under Crossover 14.1.6

Here's what I did to get this installed and working.

Install the following in a Windows 7 bottle:
-Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
-Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 (12.0) Redistributable Runtime
-Platform SDK Redistributable GDI+

Install the ChemDraw executable (cdpf150.exe).
When the installer window comes up (as with previous versions) "Install Software" will not do anything, but "Explore This Disc" will allow you to locate (under CambridgeSoft/ChemOffice/) the installer file CambridgeSoft_ChemDraw_Professional_15.0.msi. Click on that to install.

What I know works:
-Reading & writing .cdx files
-Saving .png files
-Saving .mol files

What kind of works:
-Saving .svg files (some corruption in text alignment)

What does not work:
-NMR prediction (cannot find a file)
-SciFinder link

Thanks a lot for the description! I am going to try... Cheers

Upgrading to Crossover 15.0.0 (no other change to the bottle) allows NMR prediction (1H and 13C) to work. SVG generation still a bit glitchy.

Hi Kevin, thanks for the help above. It did finally work. I download the offline installer from from http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Signatures-Updates/NET-Framework.shtml the (4.5.2 offline installer, 4.0 was not available). During the installation first .net framework 2.0 then 4.0 and then 4.5.2 were installed. After installing that I installed ChemDraw from the .msi file. The program works very well just as you would expect it under windows.

Before I tried to install the Microsoft .NET Framework from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa496123 It stopped at downloading windows 6.1 kb9584....msu, I did let it run for about a hour but it didn't finish downloading.

The svg export works fine for me. One bug was that the drawing is invisible when I zoom in to 150 % (100 % works fine).

One more data point:

ChemDraw 15.1 installs OK as an update to ChemDraw 15.0. (You still have to run the .msi file.) No changes to the ChemDraw 15 bottle were needed. Happily, my existing KDE menu link opens the updated application.

Link to Elements (cloud-based electronic lab notebook) seems to work fine but I have not tested this for problems. There is an error on opening but so far it does not seem to reflect loss of function.

Currently using Crossover 15.1.0.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic2c0UFlkR0VZTVlaV3E2eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9