Cisco IP Communicator Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

no subject

I have installed IP Communicator 2.1 under 6.01. It seems to install OK, and runs initially with the configuration wizard, but once that finshes and on running it up I get a Exception error in Kernel32.dll.

Ideas anyone?

Did you ever get this working? I just found this website today. We are planning on testing this in our lab soon.

Thanks,
Karl

Hi Chris,

I'm having a different error with the same results, after installing it gives you to the audio wizard, after you choose the audio sources the program terminates with the following error:

Runtime Error.
Abnormal Program Termination.

I'm using the last version to date: 6.1.0 in a mac. any suggestions?

Regards,

PP

Hi

Did you ever get this to work ?
I tried installing IP communicator 2.1.3 on Crossover for Mac 6.2.1
When I try to run IP Communicator up it says that there are no supported sound devices

regards
Gudmundur

I have also tried 2.1 on Crossover 6.2.1 and have run into the audio wizard crashing. I have tried it also in Crossover Games 7.0 with the same error but able to run the application and map the phone w/out audio but then it locks up after i leave the menu.

I've made it to work "a little" like this:

Ubuntu 8.10 64bit (compiz enabled)
wine-1.1.10 (no crossover ...)
IP Communicator 2.1.4.0
Wine preferences set to standard (windows XP) BUT audio is picky:
only the ALSA driver enabled (only OSS also works, but no audio inpput listed in winecfg and OSS for me)
multiple sound drivers hangs always for me
hardware acceleration set to emulation
driver emulation enabled

Problems I have:
Mic is not working here - may be a problem with my sound setup in wine, linux, my hardware (have a mobo with sound onboard and HDMI audio presenting itself as another sound card)
It always complains about the emergency responder feature not working (what is this anyway?)
Sometimes when I start the communicator, the phone gets displayed and java doesn't come up - so it hangs. random behavior - could be a race condition...

what works:
everything else - I can call. But since mic isn't working, it's pretty useless for me ...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOUZSSk1uTVJUN05DWHpGTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9