City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cross over 7.0.0 with COH issue 12

if anything it works better than before, did a full group 8 people, no lag. did have some issues with the dock popping up (my fault) and that made it hard to type in the chat window, but other than that, no issue.

Just gave it a try, but the game behaves exactly the same for me as before I12.
It's .. almost playable, but the input issues are a dealbreaker for me. Having full graphics would be a nice plus, but not as critical as it losing input and refusing to release keyboard focus as per standard behavior.
For the record, I'm running on an iMac running Tiger...

Right now, I'm dual-booting to Linux and using ... a competitor's application. I would very much like to stop doing that. :)

Once I got past the first login screen and got in to adjust my settings, it has run like a champ for me. I just finished playing for roughly three hours without a hitch. I'm running everything at about medium settings all around, and the performance is great. This game should be bumped up to at least Silver in my opinion.

I have CoH on a brand new MacBook Pro running ok under Wine Desktop settings as recommended for CrossOver but it won't run under default settings. The costume switcher doesn't work, I can't see any other costumes in it. I saw a few other window text and cursor glitches and I only played 10 minutes so it might be a little early to call it silver. Compared to Guild Wars and Half Life 2 this is much glitchier. Colors are a little washed out and I can't find a way to fix it but that could be unrelated to CrossOver/Wine, except that gamma adjustment doesn't seem to do anything in game and I know it used to work on my PC. Performance is very good though aside from the glitches. It is a bit problematic trying to use the mouse to steer in game because once it drags outside the window the perspective flips out, the solution I guess would be if it didn't have to run in a wine desktop window, but using the keyboard (will take getting used to) the actual gameplay has been fine and particle effects all look dead on. Sound seems to work without issue.

As for myself, I've run into some problems concerning I12.

First, if you roll a Soldier of Arachnos, one of the missions require you to create a new costume - and the game crashes as soon as the costume selection window appears. Hmmm.

Also, another bug I've encountered, although I only had it happen twice, was that sometimes I had to repeatedly click on buttons of the UI to get them to actually open, and once I opened an information window and couldn't get it to close.

Otherwise, the game runs fine. I get multiple random crashes, but I can swear I had even more on Windows. :D

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ2Z4cTlnUWE0Qlc4S0FXTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9