City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CoH updater trying to re-install?

Hey, I'm having a problem with CoH Updater not recognising it as already being installed. I installed it into a winxp bottle and gave it the 4 hours it needed to download the game and install it and upon completed I could run it (though I hit the black screen with little odd box cursor thang, thus forcing me to quit).

I came on here, went ahead and followed instuctions to solve the issues I was already having and went back to run CoHUpdater.exe but now it is asking me where I want to install... I tried telling it to install in the default location but it couldn't due to permissions (presumably because the files are already there). What did I do wrong?

Can you try to follow the instructions I wrote up in this thread first?
LINK
After you do that, try and run CoH from your Programs menu. Post your results.

Thanks for your reply, I think I had already read through your post and followed the instructions. I went ahead and ran teh CoH on my brothers old alienware laptop and I ran into the exact same thing. My router clonked out during the PC install, so I'm guessing that was to blame as I then re-started from the CoHupdater I downloaded, it ran fine as long as I loaded the downloaded CoHUpdater.eu.exe. So I went back to my mac and tried the same, and it runs fine.
So if anyone else has the same issue as me, it worked from the install file rather than the CoHUpdater.exe inside the game folder. Weird.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNU04ZjdyU2NOVEo0em14ZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9