City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Gamma not working

as anyone else had a problem with the Gamma slider not working since the 10.5.3 update of Leopard. everything else is good but for some reason the Gamma slider moves but doesn't actually change anything, and some of the missions are really dark. I'm running 10.5.3, 17" iMac 1.83 GHZ Intel Dual Core, 1.5 Memory, ATI x1600 I think. Thanks

Yes, I have but I am running in windowed mode so I wasn't 100% that gamma ever worked in a window.

I don't think the gamma slider has ever worked for me in CoX, or any Source games that I play through Crossover. I figured it was just a bug. I'm running Tiger 10.4.11.

We only recently implemented support for letting Windows programs control the gamma on the Mac. That functionality hasn't yet been included in any CrossOver Games release, but should be in the next one. I don't have an ETA, but we want to put out at least an unsupported release of CrossOver Games pretty soon if we can.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNUdKWko2VDhwTUVkY1djQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9