City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossver games 7.1.0 and Linux = LOVE

I'm basing my current evaluation of CoH on my previous experience with 7.0.0, obviously.

Cursor : I HAVE a cursor ! w00t ! Curiously, it's striped and deformed... but it's working - I'll try to get a screenshot of it. I get the same effect with any cursor-like behavior (e.g. dragging an enhancement or inspiration to another player of to the market).
Sound : working perfectly. I never got around to check if sound worked in CoH, considering that I mostly play without sound, but it's working perfectly.
Gamma : working A-OK !
Player pictures and I.D. screen: working, too !
Costume selection : still crashes the game. The partially good nows is that now it does not crash my whole system.
Input : no need to press Enter twice to get into chat, although I still need to press Espace to get the focus out of the chat box after sending a message. Also, the extremely annoying mouse input bug seems to be gone.

Overall, I'm VERY impressed in this new version. Rating goes back to silver for me !

Side note : the /reload_gfx command crashed my client when I tried using it.

David Lacerte wrote:

Costume selection : still crashes the game. The partially good nows
is that now it does not crash my whole system.
Input : no need to press Enter twice to get into chat, although I
still need to press Espace to get the focus out of the chat box
after sending a message. Also, the extremely annoying mouse input
bug seems to be gone.

Overall, I'm VERY impressed in this new version. Rating goes back to
silver for me !

Interesting.. Others have reported crashing on costume selection as well, but I've never experienced that issue.

Let me clarify my previous statements on keyboard input: hitting enter once does bring focus to the input box, but the first keypress following that, no matter what it is, is lost.

For mouse.. Are you running full screen, or windowed? I've not really had time to try CoH fullscreen to see if my mouse problems are gone there, but they definitely still persist for me in a window.

OF wrote:

Interesting.. Others have reported crashing on costume selection as
well, but I've never experienced that issue.

Let me clarify my previous statements on keyboard input: hitting
enter once does bring focus to the input box, but the first keypress
following that, no matter what it is, is lost.

For mouse.. Are you running full screen, or windowed? I've not
really had time to try CoH fullscreen to see if my mouse problems
are gone there, but they definitely still persist for me in a
window.

Well I might've too hasty in my posting... the input bugs - keybaord and mouse - are still present. I guess I didn't test it much, heh.

As for the costumes, as I've mentioned in the Tips and Tricks section, there's an easy way to change costumes without the selection window for those like me who cannot access it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicm5ZZks2a1pIcWgzcXZDeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9