City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trying to get past the install phase...

I'm trying to install CoH but CrossOver cant seem to ever finish installing. When I force it to complete installation, it doesn't actually install anything. In the meantime, if I let it continue to install, I can play the game in the meantime but it crashes in about 10 minutes. What gives?

This is on an iMac running 10.5.5

Same thing here, and I have no idea how to fix this. Every time I want to play, I just have to say that I want to install it again. :/

Can you post a selection of screenshots along with each step that you took in the process?

For instance,

STEP 1: I clicked on the CoX menu, "Install Unsupported Software".
Screenshot 1: Showing the resulting screen that comes up.
Step 10: I clicked on "Next->" in the CoH updater, but it hung at this point (or what ever actually occurs on your system), and then finally gives me an error.
Screenshot 10: Error message.

That would help a lot so that we can help you with the install.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicHA2TVFuWXc1WGVVZ1F5ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9