City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing via crossover games

I try to install if with crossover games on my macbook pro but it wont go past the installer screen for City of Hero's. A pop up comes up saying error out of disk space or you may be trying to install to a location where insufficient permissions.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am running Crossover Games 7.1.1 and Leopard on my macbook pro.

Hmm that is a pretty specific issue, usually with the OS and not CrossOver. Have you tried repairing your disk permissions, go to utilities and disk utility then select your HD and click on repair disk permissions? Also try Dumping the Cache folder from the root of the Hard Drive Macintosh HD/Library/ and your Home folder (user name)/Library. Restart the computer BEFORE emptying the trash, to avoid issues. if all of that doesn't work, try creating a new user and seeing if the same issue happens there, if it does perform an archive and install of the OS http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1545. If it does work log out and back into your regular account, pull from YOUR home directory, not the test accounts directory -
(user name)/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOverGames.plist and try again.

Hope that Helps

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSkx3RWg5ZEs3N1FRdnV1diIsImdkcHIiOjB9