City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works perfectly under 7.1.1 but not at all under 7.2.0

I've been running COH under Cross Over for Mac for several months now and the game is flawless under Crossover.

The only thing I had to do was the mouse pointer trick to make it work.

However with the release of 7.2.0 COH no longer works at all. I run the Updater and then I click Next and then I never get focus back on the window so I can't click the "I Agree" button to actually launch the game.....

This is an unfortunate problem, but we're aware of it.

We were even aware of it before we shipped - CrossOver Games 7.2.0 contains a new version of the Gecko HTML rendering engine which our mshtml.dll(Internet Explorer's HTML renderer) replacement uses. Unfortunately this new Gecko version seems to choke on something in CoHs HTML documents and crashes. The understanding during beta testing was that this was a gecko problem, not one the way our code talks to gecko, and we couldn't isolate and fix it in time. Meanwhile, Jacek has continued his work on mshtml and gecko, so hopefully it will work again in the next release.

In the meantime I recommend to stay with CrossOver Games 7.1.1 with City of Heroes.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRkc1VUJWQ3hHTVVYdHdaUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9