City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

City of Heroes install issue

Hi
I've been trying to get City of heroes to work on Ubuntu with crossover games and this has me stumped. I'm new to linux, so it's probably an obvious issue.

I have downloaded the City of heroes updater file and tried installing it via the crossover games menu, but i get the error:
"Error opening file CohUpdater.tmp
You may be out of disk space or you may be trying to install to a location where you have insufficient permissions."
I have tried running the installer through the command line, and using sudo, but it doesn't output any errors. It isn't a space issue, I have 800gb+, and I have permissions to access the bottle.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks

I seem to have got it working. I changed the wine config settings for the bottle to win 98, and then ran cohupdater.exe from the drive_c/program files folder. It is currently busy downloading the rest of the game, so I'll update this when it's done.

CoX has a native Mac client, you don't need to try to run the Windows version at all.

jo wrote:

CoX has a native Mac client, you don't need to try to run the
Windows version at all.

Actually, I believe this thread is requesting help for a Linux setup.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYXBQblg0RzhwRWhNQzR3SiIsImdkcHIiOjB9