City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New Attempt under CrossOver 6.1

As I hadn't seen any updates from the Advocates regarding attempts at installing and running CoH/CoV under 6.1, I took a whack at it myself. I know that 6.1 did not publicize any work done towards making CoH/CoV operable, but if you don't try, you never know. For the record, I only attempted installation of CoH, and not CoV.

The installation went through just fine, switching disks was a little trouble on the first go-around, as I got trigger happy and failed to allow the CD time to be read before pressing the button to continue. That errored out and I had to start again. The second time, I waited longer, and sure enough, it worked. The install loading screens that showcase the different archetypes of characters (tanker, blaster, etc.) were a bit pixelated, definitely not as defined as when I loaded it on Vista.

After the install completed, I left on the option to run the program, so CrossOver didn't recognize the installer was done, and I had to force complete the installation, which didn't pose any problems. The download box then opened (the one that usually comes up when you first run the game), and took about 90 mins to download all the new updates and verify everything. The graphics in the box appeared fine.

When I pressed the button to get to the login screen for user ID and password entry, I got the half-inch tall blue/black graphic that says "Loading ..." and then that's about where the story ends. It just hangs up there. It does not produce any further screens, does not produce any error messages whatsoever, and the graphic will not disappear without forcibly quitting the bottle that was created to run it (titled "CoH_CD1" under win2000 bottle type).

I don't know if this any type of improvement over the last reported results under 6.0, which said that error messages were being produced that stated something about textures being loaded into memory. I received none.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOW5nZ2FWaGtnZ1pIcGtnSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9