City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

COH Mac 10.6 and Cross over 8 RC 4

Okay the game can now be launched and gets to the character selection screen, however after selection of a character and loading of the zone, the zone graphic (i.e. Founders Falls, the Hollows etc) doesn't go away after the UI comes up, also all of the UI items drag and leave "trails" from where they were.

Just a note, you should be lodging such reports where Andrew indicated ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/beta/crossover/report/enter/

Cheers

Why testing on Mac when CoH has a "Native" client?

ftp://client.coh.com/US/MAC_CoH_Installer_US.dmg

Just wondering.

Why test using CX? Simple; the Transgaming solution has significant flaws. Granted, so does City of Heroes/Villains under Crossover, but they're -different- flaws.

The official Mac 'client' for CoX has some significant memory leaks, and horrific performance hits in certain areas, such as when interacting with the base editor. In some cases, I've seen a factor of -ten- speedup using Crossover instead of the Cider-based solution. This is especially true when working on extremely complicated supergroup bases.

That said, the interface quirks keep me from using Crossover as my standard solution. I tend to just pull it out when I need to edit a base.

Also, the new version of the official client requires 10.5.7. If you are upgrade challenged, crossover is a better solution.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3ByVjZTczJtSjhReWh4ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9