City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 6.2

The same issues still exist. Install works fine, you can even hear the music and read the text of the EULA which if you just use DARWINE from the open source page, it doesn't show up. I assume this is because of the extras that Codeweavers put in. The updater executes (cohupdater.exe) just fine, downloads everything. Then when you go to execute, nothing it just sits there with the loading banner then after a while it quits out with errors in the log. The only reason I have Vista installed is to play CoX (CoH/V). I am definately for voting this up to be reviewed. I would love not to have to switch in and out. According to the Known Issues, there are some advanced DirectX/OpenGL commands that aren't in Crossover yet.

Just so you know, CoH mostly works with the current builds of the winehq.org version of Wine. I asked Codeweavers about this, and they said the version that CrossOver is based on is a slightly older version of Wine, but they apparently are going to be making a release sometime early next year that incorporates some of the newer Wine code, so CrossOver will probably work with CoH fairly soon. In the meantime, you could try using Wine.

Cool, Thanks! I'm was reading up on another CoX WINE project for Linux that could easily be used in OS X by using X11. I'd have to go to the Wikipedia to find the port of WINE that does this. But I assume you are referring to this. Thanks though.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ2ZIQXZwV3VYVGNtRVl4eiIsImdkcHIiOjB9