City of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Get to "Loading" then stalls

Greetings!

I have the latest patch installed and the install in general went well. However, when I start the game, I get the initial box, I click on "Next", then "I agree". I get the "Loading" display, then nothing.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem, and I've done a full file scan, checked the little box for Safe Mode, and set a virtual desktop for CoH.

Using Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit version with the latest proprietary nVidia drivers.

A support guy in the #crossover channel was kind enough to help me solve this problem. I just needed to run the game with renderthread turned off:

cohupdater.exe -renderthread 0

Sorry, how does that work? When I type

cohupdater.exe -renderthread 0

I get this message:

cohupdater.exe: command not found

When I type ./cohupdater.exe -renderthread 0

Then wine, not cxgames, tries to re-install the program all over again.

When I try to add -renderthread 0 to the menu option created by cxgames, the change doesn't "stick."

I'm really quite lost at the moment.

Your best bet is to use CrossOver's Run Windows Command dialog. Browse to find the .exe and then add the command-line parameters after it (outside the quotes, if any).

I'm having the same problem; the updater starts and goes through the file check but crashes as soon as I click the "I Agree" button. The -renderthread 0 command parameter is added.

Here's the output when I save a log file:

** Mon Mar 21 15:16:12 2011
Starting '/home/eweb/cxgames/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' '--workdir' '/home/eweb/.cxgames/CoH/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/City of Heroes' '--start' '--'
'/home/eweb/.cxgames/CoH/dosdevices/../drive_c/Program Files/City of Heroes/cohupdater.exe' '-renderthread' '0'

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:shdocvw:PersistStorage_InitNew (0x136ab0)->(0x10112bb8)
fixme:urlmon:URLMoniker_BindToObject use running object table
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (_WSAIOW(IOC_VENDOR, 300))
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (_WSAIOW(IOC_VENDOR, 300))
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xdfe914, overlapped 0xdfe918): stub
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus (0x136b60)->((null) 1 0xaec204 (nil))
fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus command_0: 27, 0x0
fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 25
fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 26
fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:shdocvw:ClientSite_GetContainer (0x136b60)->(0xaec1d4)
fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:resource:GetGuiResources (0xffffffff,0): stub

This using a Vista bottle, Arch Linux, kernel 2.6.37.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUmJudUZlOWhkTVBja1ZjeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9