Civilization III: Complete Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

install error

I have tried installing the game using a CD and it gets to where it is transfering files when it says, "Error:-1627 ERROR_FUNCTION_FAILED". After I push "ok" it says it needs to close and then does so.
Research on 1627 errors has come up with nothing, except that it has problems with the OS. This problem can be solved with Call of Duty 4 on Wine by following these instructions
http://www.fsckin.com/2008/02/21/how-to-run-call-of-duty-4-cod4-modern-combat-in-linux/
I am not sure how to do that with Crossover Games, so I hope this helps the ninjas or whoever with all that programing.

Just wondering if you've tried this;

Creating a new bottle
Preinstalling directx runtime into that bottle
Installing the game into this same (prepared) bottle

??

I created an XP bottle in Cross-over games Linux 7.2.2 and downloaded the DirectX 10 setup files. Then I ran it with Cross-over and went through the process until it should have started installing the files. However, instead of installing it just said that the installation failed and would not close so I had to kill it with the terminal. After reading some other posts, I tried installing DirectX 9 which worked great, but Civ3 still stops at the same point with the same error message. Are there some settings that I need to change in Cross-over that might make it work?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNHVDVXFLV1NyVjM3ckE4eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9