Civilization III: Complete Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error 13

I've been trying to run Civilization III: Complete through Steam but every time it runs it crashes saying Error loading font (Error Code: 13)!! Any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue. What fonts do I need to make this work? Anyone?

Hi,

This search result might be worth reading through - apparently not just problematic with wine, but also windows ;

http://www.hotbot.com/?query=Civilization+III+Error+loading+font+%28Error+Code%3A+13&ps=&loc=searchbox&tab=web&mode=search&currProv=msn

There's also some info on this over at wineHQ that may or maynot be useful;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7905

Cheers!

Okay, I've fixed this problem. In "[Bottle]/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/sid meier's civilization iii complete/Conquests" (apparently; I haven't checked this bit independantly) there is, after you download Civ III but BEFORE YOU RUN IT for the first time, there is a file called LSANS.fot. Get Info on it and Lock it. That's all. That will fix the Error Code: 13 problem. However, sigh that only allows the next error, an Error Code: 28, to come up...

Success! I found the solution on Civfanatics (ignore my previous fix):

In the Terminal, navigate to the Conquests directory:"[Your Steam Bottle]/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/sid meier's civilization iii complete/Conquests/"
sudo cp LSANS.TTF LSANS.fot
chflags simmutable LSANS.fot

Note that copying, renaming and locking LSANS.TTF in the Finder will NOT work. I suspect you could copy and rename the file in the Finder and then lock it using the Terminal, but I haven't tried that. I've also seen solutions where you simply assign the file to Root ownership using chown, but that didn't work for me. I may have done it wrong though. Nonetheless, this method worked for me. The game is running, at least. Now if I could only get multiplayer working...

Don't forget that this has to be the Conquests directory, not the main "sid meier's civilization iii complete" directory, even though there's a LSANS.TTF font there too.

Or simply click on Tips&Tricks and read my comment :)

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=5293;tips=1

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaGhnNE1rZFQ4R001QUtLeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9