Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Command & Conquer : Remastered - still crashes in latest version

Checking the compatibility list - some people managed to get C&C Remastered running but mine still got the lot Petroglyph crash. Using latest macOS version a d latest Crossover Version (mac M1 processor)

Can anyone who got the game running please tell me the settings, bottle etc he used ?

Mine boots up fine without messing with any settings, using Steam running in CrossOver to install. I'm on an M1 MacBook Air. My problem is once I'm in game and playing, the HUD menu is not visible. I can move my units around and battle just fine. Just can't build anything or see the minimap.

Hi all,

If you're getting a crash, I recommend installing into a new Steam bottle. Enabling DXVK in the bottle settings should help graphical issues.

Best,
Meredith

I'm having the same problem, everything loads up and performs fine, but almost all of the HUD elements in the game are missing:
Makes playing the game impossible farther on if you can't see to build units instead of buildings, or repair anything, or use the minimap. Using a fresh Steam bottle with DXVK enabled.

Since upgrading to an M1 Mac, CrossOver is the only way I can play C&C without buying PC hardware... used the trial to test the game, but would 100% buy it if this got fixed as it would save me $1000 and the hassle of supporting a Windows machine.

Updated to CrossOver 23 and it's working perfectly now!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicjZQVnFjOWtZWHNkUXhoVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9