Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Use wine instead of cxgames?

It sounds like there is more hope to run this through Wine than through
CrossOver:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=296

If you have experience using wine for this game vs. CX games please post.

i tried this on a mac, running the 2.03 version and the winsock patch i was able to load the game and start a multiplayer from my mac to a windows pc, however when i move the mouse it slows to a crawl.

i looked at wine but there is no way in hell i'm going to download and install a whole devkit and mac ports and x11 sdk blah blah blah.

the same problem occurs on crossover games 7.2.2 and crossover standard 8.0

apparetly this is fixed in win 1.1.24+ but since i cant see any way to update the underlying wine binaries i'm kinda stuck.

sad tho, its the only reason i tried CX games ;)

If I'm right, the next version of crossover games is a
branch off wine 1.1.25, so if this issue is fixed with
wine 1.1.24, then it'll most likely will be in the
upcoming crossover-games 8.0 release....just FYI (;

I'm running this game in CXGames for Mac 7.2.2 without any troubles. Did you guys implement the registry entries to enable opengl rendering of directdraw?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV0d4TndFOUNkRjlYaGt1ZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9