Company of Heroes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installer crashes

The installer will not run with the latest version of Cx Games (8.1.2). I don't know when this regression appeared. Here is a relevant bug on winehq: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15437

I tried with CXG 8.1.4 for CoH ToV and I got the error message:

Exception EExternalException in module ntdll.dll at 0001D81F.
External exception C0000025.

I also tried with both virtual desktop and without, but I guess it makes no difference.

Here's one of the first lines of "unables" in the log:

trace:cxassocscan:do_ext L".avi"
trace:cxassocscan:do_ext mimetype=L"video/avi"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L".avi"->(null) (2)
trace:cxassocscan:do_ext L".bmp"
trace:cxassocscan:do_ext mimetype=L"image/bmp"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L".bmp"->(null) (2)
trace:cxassocscan:do_ext L".chm"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L".chm"->L"Content Type" (2)
trace:cxassocscan:do_ext mimetype=(null)
trace:cxassocscan:do_ext default_app=L"chm.file"
trace:cxassocscan:do_app app=L"chm.file"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"chm.file"->L"FriendlyTypeName" (2)
trace:cxassocscan:do_app description=L"Compiled HTML Help File"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"chm.file"->L"InfoTip" (2)
trace:cxassocscan:do_app infotip=(null)
trace:cxassocscan:extract_default_icon keyname=L"chm.file\DefaultIcon"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"chm.file\DefaultIcon"->(null) (2)
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"chm.file\CLSID"->(null) (2)
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"chm.file\shell"->(null) (2)
trace:cxassocscan:do_app default_verb=L"open"
trace:cxassocscan:do_vrb verb=L"open"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"chm.file\shell\open"->(null) (2)
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"chm.file\shell\open"->L"FriendlyAppName" (2)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic2JDWWd6QTdzRXBMeFk1USIsImdkcHIiOjB9