Crysis Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works on CX 13.x - read on

Finally, thanks to the CSMT patches (aka "performance enhanced graphics) this title actually works and it's fairly playable. Average fps on my rig is 50-60 (peaks to 80-100) fps but... there are drops to 25 and 30 when looking around which translate to stutter. Play with vsync off. Water has a tendency to disappear.

My computer has an i5-2500k CPU, 8 GB of RAM and an Asus GTX 660 with a tad of factory OC and the DirectCU II custom cooler. Testing is done on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.

If you disable CSMT the game will run for a little while and then crash.

Hi Silviu,

is this all running using the x window system or the mac driver? Any mouse capture issues? Reason I ask, you post is spot on with regards to running crysis using x window, game crashes right away under mac driver. OSX 10.9.1, Macbook pro 11.1, Intel Iris, i7@2,8GHz,8Gig RAM.

best,
mihai

I ran it on Ubuntu 12.04, so X11 (x window). No problems with the mouse.

Crysis runs reasonably well under Crossover 13.2.0 on a MacBook Pro, 17-inch, Early 2011 with AMD Radeon HD 6750M (1024 MB). I have the Mac driver enabled. All the game's advanced options are set to High, except for Shaders Quality, which must be set to Low - otherwise there are lots of rendering problems (e.g. water isn't displayed properly, ground appears black). There are occasional crashes right after loading a saved game, but if the load succeeds, there appear to be no notable stability issues.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTnNBUVJid1kzTnc3U2dzdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9