Crysis Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crysis on Mac OSX

The most I got from Crysis on OS X was the screen shot of the splash screen that I posted.

I tried it a few ways. First was the default win98 bottle and I got the splash screen. So I hit the instal button in the splash screen then entered my serial number. After that the Preparing to install/installing unsupported software pinwheel spun for about an hour before I forced the installer completion. Nothing happened. It never created the Applications folder in my user directory. I tried it one more time using a WinXP bottle, but I got the same results.

BTW - This is my first time using the crossover demo. I'd love to see a game with as much anticipation as Crysis get compatibility with this software. I can not imagine what would come of codeweavers if it did.

Crysis won't run on XP you need Vista with DirectX10 and the newest hard and software so i have seen taht crossover cant use vista and i want to build my own compuer with vista and the newest hardware what i can say to you is when you want to play it USE vista

^_^ EJ

Crysis runs on XP as well, and it has a D3D9 renderer. It even starts up on Wine on Linux, but it is not playable yet. On Mac I don't think it will work anytime soon, except if Apple massively improves their drivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dcXCdrnbbI

think twice, buddy.

Of course it will run fine in Boot Camp, that does not count. 😋

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUHZ5eXVyWXkycGU5V1k4SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9