Cube World Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Directx 3D error

Anyone else getting a directx 3D error when they press play?

yup, same stuff over here :/

Did you install CubeWorld via the CrossTie, or did you install DirectX seperately, then install CubeWorld?

What hardware are you using?

Don't know about these guys but I used crosstie.
My specs are 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory
Mac OSX Version 10.7.5

I tried both.

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

What is your graphics card?

Same here. Intel HD 3000. In the video it said it was bronze supported, but then here it says 'known not to work' I checked, I am up to date on Crossover.

Hmmm... could be that there is a problem with the Intel 3000. We tested here on AMD 6770 and a the Nvidia from the MacBook Pro line circa early 2013.

We will try to take a look at this.

Unfortunately this error occurs on Intel GPUs (specifically on MacOS systems but I suspect we can reproduce it in-house with Intel on Linux as well).
[i]
What is happening!?!?!?!?!?![/i]

The Intel driver is not specifically advertising what it's capable of to CrossOver so CrossOver can't initialize Direct3D properly.
[i]
NEVERMIND I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT CAN YOU FIX IT!?!?!?![/i]

Ha ha! YES!

You'll need to set a registry key, but we'll make this easy for you.

Follow this tutorial:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/registry_keys

For the record, you are setting the exact registry key used in that tutorial:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine
Direct3D
useGLSL=enabled

I love you so much

You are the best person in the world.
I must have spent 14 hours trying to get it to work, tried every website, bought the game the day it came out and would just like to say thanks.
I appreciate you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really retarded when it comes to these sort of things. Could someone type out exactly what to do to get this running on a macbook?

These instructions should help:

Get the Cube World demo or full version from the site.
Download crossover from codeweavers.com
Install and run crossover.
Go to this link and click 'Install Cube World via CrossTie http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=11886

It should open up crossover, click the 'Try now' button, as you are in the trial version of crossover.
It will ask you for an 'Installer File', find your downloads folder and go into the 'CubeDemo' folder.
In there will be a file called Cube.exe. Select that file as the installer file.
Click the Install button and it will install all the windows files you need.
However, this probably won't work and if CrossOver says a file can't be installed (usually Directx or Direct3D) there are a few more steps to do. Just follow the instructions on this page: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/registry_keys

Once you have followed all these instructions, you should be able to run Cube.exe whenever you click it.

Emil wrote:

I am really retarded when it comes to these sort of things. Could
someone type out exactly what to do to get this running on a
macbook?

Did Harry's instructions help you? If not, have you already purchased Cube World? Did you figure out where to download it from their site once purchased (their site is a little cryptic on this). Once you have the purchased installer download, installation is very easy with CrossOver. And that's the other question, do you already have CrossOver installed?

Not sure if this is related to the problem in this thread but when I load up the installer and try to login with my picroma account, it says 'Could not connect to update server'. It then brings up a little 'Play' button, when I click that it just closes Cube World down. Once again I'm not sure if this is related to crossover or if their servers are just dodgy at the moment.

Harry wrote:

Not sure if this is related to the problem in this thread but when I
load up the installer and try to login with my picroma account, it
says 'Could not connect to update server'. It then brings up a
little 'Play' button, when I click that it just closes Cube World
down. Once again I'm not sure if this is related to crossover or if
their servers are just dodgy at the moment.

In fact this is exactly what happens to me!

I've searched some forums and found that other people have had the same problems, and the solution they found was to run as Admin. The people with that problem were running on windows, and I don't know the equivalent to running as Admin on a Mac. If any staff could help with this problem, it would be great. Thanks

EDIT: I've found that it's apparently the firewall blocking server connections, my firewall is off, but does CrossOver implement a windows firewall? If so, where and how do i disable it, if it doesn't create its own firewall, any suggestions on why we can't connect via the launcher?

Yet another EDIT: I just tried pinging picroma.com from my Mac, and well.. I can't. As I said, my firewall is off and I have no idea why I can't ping this specific site. Anyone know why?

:( I still have this error!!!! I followed the key and everything!!! Please make a video on it!!!!! I would <3 for life.

At the moment I trusted Crossover to work and bought the full game of Cube world but i keep getting the Direct3d error, I'm sure this has happened to you, Help a brotha out ;)

I did the key thing Twice. Double checked. :( Please help. I managed to load up the launcher but whenever I press play after putting my user and pass it says Direct3d error.

If you can please contact me on Skype, My User is: paurav12345 😎

If you could do a video on the keys that would be AMAZING. Also my computer stuff are:

Processor: 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 128 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

John Chick wrote:

:( I still have this error!!!! I followed the key and everything!!!
Please make a video on it!!!!! I would <3 for life.

At the moment I trusted Crossover to work and bought the full game
of Cube world but i keep getting the Direct3d error, I'm sure this
has happened to you, Help a brotha out ;)

I did the key thing Twice. Double checked. :( Please help. I managed
to load up the launcher but whenever I press play after putting my
user and pass it says Direct3d error.

If you can please contact me on Skype, My User is: paurav12345
😎

If you could do a video on the keys that would be AMAZING. Also my
computer stuff are:

I'm afraid you may not meet the minimum system requirements to run this game from Picroma:

Minimum System Requirements (tentative)

Windows XP SP2  
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2  
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000 (256 MB of

video RAM and shader model 3.0)
2 GB RAM
Internet Connection (for updates and online multiplayer)

I do have an ATI X1600 in-house. I'll dust the poor thing off and see if I can get it to run Cube World but I'm not entirely hopeful. It's a GPU that is... underpowered these days.

Caron Wills wrote:

John Chick wrote:

If you could do a video on the keys that would be
AMAZING. Also my computer stuff are:

I'm afraid you may not meet the minimum system requirements to run
this game from Picroma:

Minimum System Requirements (tentative)

Windows XP SP2  
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2  
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000 (256 MB of

video RAM and shader model 3.0)
2 GB RAM
Internet Connection (for updates and online multiplayer)

I do have an ATI X1600 in-house. I'll dust the poor thing off and
see if I can get it to run Cube World but I'm not entirely hopeful.
It's a GPU that is... underpowered these days.

So... it runs for me with this GPU. Nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary.

IIRC, you've had quite a bit of trouble with the game and installation.

I think that you should start over but I want you to check some things over before you do.

1. Make sure you have CrossOver 12.2.2 on your system. EARLIER VERSIONS WILL NOT WORK!
  2. Make sure you have Cube World's installer (CubeSetup3.exe) downloaded in a sane location on your system (either your desktop or your downloads folder)
  3. Get your system to a point where nothing is running (no games, no chat, no nothing) and launch CrossOver and only CrossOver.

Now, we're going to delete your bottles (I assume you have more than one). CrossOver should be running and it should say "CrossOver" next to the Apple Icon in the upper left corner of your screen. If it doesn't, click the CrossOver icon in your dock so that it does.

1. From the title bar at the very top of your screen select "Configure" and launch "Manage Bottles"
  2. Delete your bottles...
    • if you have anything other than Cube World installed, do not delete that bottle
    • otherwise, delete the bottles by highlighting them and clicking the "-" key to remove the bottles
  3. Now you should have no bottles or no bottles left that contained Cube World
  4. Close the Bottle Manager, leave CrossOver running

Next we are going to re-download the Tie file for Cube World (the simplified installation steps CrossOver understands). For this, I have just tested it this morning with Safari to make sure it's doing something sane (you never can be too careful).

1. Go to the Overview page for Cube World
  2. Click the big green button that says Install Cube World via CrossTie
  3. Watch in amazement at CrossOver says "analyzing Cross-Tie" and then opens the installer with all the fields populated
    • if you do not have "CubeSetup3.exe" in a sane place this will not work, you'll have to point CrossOver's "Install From" section at the "CubeSetup3.exe" file
  4. Click the glowing "Install" button

Cube World should now install. You can choose to launch it at the end of the install.

Cube World should now patch, you should be able to sign in and play.

I can only assume that something went wrong during your installation the first time around... that the registry key was set on a different bottle... any number of odd things. The CrossTie installer is now setup to do all of the heavy lifting for you. You should not need anything further to get going but my crystal ball broke last week... I'm at a loss to know what else might happen.

If it doesn't run at this point and you as SURE you only have one Cube World bottle... you'll need to contact support by emailing ninjas@codeweavers.com.

Disclaimer: the ATI x1600 is very, very underpowered for this game. It's laggy and gameplay quite frankly is a very terrible experience in my humble opinion (it's so smooth on my other Macs but this one...is old). Your system is a little higher powered than mine in other regards but not much. I cannot do anything about rough gameplay on this GPU beyond suggesting you turn down the fps limit to something like 30 (20 should be enough to play). Finally, this is an Alpha... it may be that at some point the developer of the game will REQUIRE a better equipped system.

It works now but it is very laggy. It is a computer from 2006 so that's probably why. Sadly I'm only 14 so I can't afford to buy a new mac/pc. But i have 3 windows laptops. Two very old ones and one from 2010. I think the one from 2010 can work but i keep getting xaudio2 error. My sound on the laptop works fine however I still get this error. I read some forums and i plugged in some headphones to see if it would make a difference but it didn't. I know it's not relevant to Crossover but do you know how to fix?

I'm afraid you'll have to check on the forums for whatever distro you're running on those laptops to try and figure out that error message.

I managed to get it working but do u know how to make the actual gameplay of cube world faster. For crossover mac version and windows version :)

I've been screwing around with the crossover and game settings and found that zooming the map out in-game (to the point at which it becomes a 2D blue outline of the landscape) reduces a log of lag and also for mac users, selecting the experimental driver in the "Advanced" section of the "Manage Bottles..." section under "Configure" in the Crossover menubar helps run it a little smoother (at least for me).

Also for the record, I have Intel HD 3000 512 MB and when installing using Crossover, I had no issues with registries whatsoever (unlike others above) and I tried changing the registries just to check and actually found a decrease in performance.

John Chick wrote:

I managed to get it working but do u know how to make the actual
gameplay of cube world faster. For crossover mac version and windows
version :)

By going into the game's settings and lowering the fps, for Cube World it is set at a default of 111, you could lower it to 40-60 (what the human eye can actually process well) and see some improvement. You can turn down shaders, you can zoom out, you can play in a smaller resolution than full screen (with CrossOver you can specifically set it to emulate a windows desktop at a smaller size and most games will respect that).

These things will help with many games, not just Cube World.

I've seen posts saying that playing from a ramdisk improves performance but I haven't been able to set one up properly because crossover can't find the files properly or something. Does anyone have any idea about how to do this?

I have done everything you said, the registry key and stuff but when I install cube world with the CubeSetup3.exe via the CrossTie, it ALWAYS tells me the HTML 7 engine couldn't be installed and the same thing for Direct X End User Runtime.

What have I done wrong ? My Mac has this configuration :

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 Go 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 Mo
OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

Please help me.

MrWhiteSwitch wrote:

I have done everything you said, the registry key and stuff but when
I install cube world with the CubeSetup3.exe via the CrossTie, it
ALWAYS tells me the HTML 7 engine couldn't be installed and the same
thing for Direct X End User Runtime.

What have I done wrong ? My Mac has this configuration :

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 Go 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 Mo
OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

Please help me.

What locale and keyboard input are you running?

Heu... What does it mean ?

1 to 29 of 29

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYUFFdTJUWmNMS3FVaHl5cyIsImdkcHIiOjB9