Dark Age of Camelot Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Currently running

I've been running it for a few days..

Some notes:

Codeweavers tries to install under XP

• DON'T.. choose Vista by creating your own Bottle as Vista
  • Next, Go into the bottles Control PAnel and select Wine Configuration
    • Add d3dx9_43, d3d9, and ctapi32 and ctl3d32 libraries.
    • I added the d3dx10_43 and d3d10core/d3d10 as well, but fairly sure DAoC is a DX9 game.
  • Next, select audio tab.. it will say there was no driver so it will install one..
  • test sound.. should work ok..

[b]Optional, I think might have helped with cursor issue:
[/b] - Under Graphics I enabled Allow DirectX apps to stop the mouse leaving their Window

• I enabled Emulate a Virtual Desktop (I set to 1280x800, you can set to what you want)
  • Allow Pixel Shader is enabled!

From this point NO other changes need to be made - Install DAoC from DAoCSetup.exe from DarkAgeOfCamelot.com website.. it will run through logon and updates..

A few other notes:

• Make sure Atlantis Trees, Terain and Dynamic Shadows are OFF
  • Water Options: I turned on classic water, I never liked reflective and it slows it down.
  • I do use the new TOA Figures Versions - seem to be fine.

Thats it, the cursor seems to work just fine, no bad lag unless alb zerg is incoming (normal) ha!

Using on may late 2009 Macbook Pro (Nvidia 9400M w/256 MB ram), 2.26 Dual Core with 8 GB memory

Hope to use again with my new iMac in a few months!! :D

Tim

Incredibly helpful! Thank you kindly

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS210QmVkWlF2S1hRYzJ3dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9