Dark Age of Camelot Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Version 11.3.1 (11.3.1.26306) windowed mode problems

Hi there,

i am trying to install Daoc as described in some threads here and it seems to run pretty well in fullscreen mode. However, when i try to configure the daoc client to run windowed, the application starts and i can also hear in game music and looked at the character in game from another char it seems to work. The "only" problem: the game client window is simply whitened out and i cant see nothing. Loginscreen works, when the actual client loads it switches to the configured resolution and stays white.

Any ideas?

BR

I had an issue where the PPA version of WINE that was just updated a couple weeks ago (1.5.18) produced a nearly BLACK screen in both windowed and fullscreen mode in Ubuntu 12.04 2D.

Using Winetricks, I tried several of the graphics-related options untill I got to 'glsl = disabled'. Ticking this option allowed the game to display a normal screen once again.

I tried it several times, changing only this option, and as long as glsl was enabled, the game showed only a black screen wilst glsl disabled returned to normal.

Enabling vertex shaders results in 'renderer creation failed' message, so neither Catcombs models nor reflective water are available in the default WINE version.

I am not sure how/where to check the glsl option in Crossover, but maybe this will help you out.

Good Luck!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU21yYVp6dVd2cTRkNHZFNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9