Dark Age of Camelot Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DAoC under CX5

I just got my CX 5 Pro installed this evening, and since my DAoC installation is the only thing keeping my Windows partition loaded, I am hoping this can be made to work.

It has probably already been done, but tomorrow I wil be going through the registry on my Win load to see what entries there are as a starting point. While I can zip up my DAoC install for backup and just dump it back into a directory under Windows to run it with no registry fiddling at all, perhaps there is something in there that causes the "missing or corrupted" issue at the patcher.

Hey, its somewhere to start looking, right?

I ran a process analyzer and here are the DLLs the patch.bin hits when it first loads:

ADVAPI32.DLL
COMCTL32.DLL
CRYPT32.DLL
GDI32.DLL
KERNEL32.DLL
MSASN1.DLL
MSVCRT.DLL
NTDLL.DLL
OLE32.DLL
OLEAUT32.DLL
RICHED20.DLL
RICHED32.DLL
RPCRT4.DLL
SHELL32.DLL
SHLWAPI.DLL
USER32.DLL
WININET.DLL
WINMM.DLL
WS2_32.DLL
WS2HELP.DLL
WSOCK32.DLL

As it is scanning and patching, it hits a good chunk more:

ACTIVEDS.DLL
ADSLDPC.DLL
ADVAPI32.DLL
COMCTL32.DLL
CRYPT32.DLL
DHCPCSVC.DLL
DNSAPI.DLL
GDI32.DLL
ICMP.DLL
IPHLPAPI.DLL
KERNEL32.DLL
LZ32.DLL
MPRAPI.DLL
MSAFD.DLL
MSASN1.DLL
MSVCRT.DLL
NETAPI32.DLL
NETRAP.DLL
NTDLL.DLL
NTDSAPI.DLL
OLE32.DLL
OLEAUT32.DLL
RASADHLP.DLL
RASAPI32.DLL
RASMAN.DLL
RICHED20.DLL
RICHED32.DLL
RNR20.DLL
RPCRT4.DLL
RTUTILS.DLL
SAMLIB.DLL
SECUR32.DLL
SENSAPI.DLL
SETUPAPI.DLL
SHELL32.DLL
SHLWAPI.DLL
TAPI32.DLL
URLMON.DLL
USER32.DLL
USERENV.DLL
VERSION.DLL
WININET.DLL
WINMM.DLL
WINRNR.DLL
WLDAP32.DLL
WS2_32.DLL
WS2HELP.DLL
WSHTCPIP.DLL
WSOCK32.DLL

I guess I will check the configs with some of these and see what I can come up with. Perhaps someone might know if any of these as "native" will break Wine? Are there any of these that might be the big deal-breaker?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidnRVOVVLZmc3eWtaVmRGbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9