Dark Age of Camelot Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DLLs

I noticed something when I reinstalled DAoC to really start working on this. The patcher dies when it tries to update the game as a whole. However, with a fresh installation, the actual executable (camelot.exe) requires an update. So it goes out and gets that, then says to restart the updater. So the networking thing is working just fine, I guess, as the game is able to go out and hit the update server at Mythic to download the new camelot.exe, but then goes right back to the "Missing or corrupt" file issue.

But I copied over the DLLs that aren't present in Windows/System to the Windows/System32 and merely "touch"ed the kernel32.dll ntdll.dll shell32.dll and user32.dll since I figured those were builtin somewhere. The game still gives the "Missing or corrupt" error. I guess I go into the configs and set some to "native".

Well, updated to 5.0.1 and still no good. The updater still says that too many files are missing or corrupted. This is something I just don't know how to get past, so I guess I will just keep going to Windows. Since I have gotten no feedback from anyone about it either in the forums or the mailing list, I sense I am truly on my own with it, and I don't know enough or have the time to learn enough to do this in a vacuum. So, I guess I will just keep dual-booting and maybe check back later...

Yeah, I got stuck on the "update" on the Catacombs version of DAoC. The problem being that Mythic is trying to thwart hackers and mods so that any change in the executable (I'm guessing -- since the emulator might not emulate it perfectly) causes a fault.

I think a direct contact to mythic about working with codeweavers directly to help them patch their software to mimic what they're looking for is best. But this might also open them up to attacks if the documentation they give is ever attained.

Perhaps that is the case. Following the whole use of Linux as a packet-sniffer and radar client and such, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it purposely not run under Wine. No way for them to confirm what else is running on the box to kill cheaters...

But it does run under Cedega, as I understand. So it should be possible.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUF2TGFYdG15UUdCc3RuNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9