Dark Age of Camelot Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

6.0 alpha

Well, I tried it with the new 6.0 alpha now. Still gives the error about missing files. I will compare the 5.0.3 debugmsg with a 6.0 alpha version and see if there are any differences.

Installs just fine. Just can't run it.

This issue seems to be caused by a bug in the patcher. It repeatedly calls FindFirstFile() to check all the files, but forgets to do a FindClose() to free the allocated handles.
The FindFirstFile() call does a NtCreateFile() which asks the wineserver process to open a file, thus allocating a file descriptor.. after 1024 of those, the wineserver will run out of filedescriptors and the open will fail (unfortunately, the wineserver doesnt report this).

Possible workaround is to bump the file descriptor limit of the process. The patcher alone needs about 26000 file descriptors.

Using 'ulimit -n 50000' I was able to get to the Play prompt of the patcher.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZXVidld2UFEzU0x2RnhOTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9