Darkstone Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

C4P file Install instructions Mac user

OSX tested: 10.9.1
GFX Card Tested: Nvidia 640M

I created the Crosstie for the GOG.com version of Darkstone. use the installer to install the game into crossover and play! Works great!

Important:
For Nvidia 640/Mavericks users the game might be stuttering, to fix that go to the options and select the "Use Primary graphical card" option and it will fix the problem for that game. When you restart the game you have to do the same thing (select/deselect the primary graphical card) to fix it again.

Have fun!

Paul The Tall

I'm running 10.9.1 with NVIDIA 680MX and Crossover 13.1. I purchased Darkstone from GOG and used the Tie to install the game. The install ran without error and when i run the game, I can create characters and set options but when I try to start the game, the screen goes black. If I Cmd + Tab out, I see that Darkstone has quit unexpectedly.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

I tried selecting "use primary 3D card" but neither selection makes a difference.

Thanks,

I installed Darkstone today without the CX Tie and now the game works but the graphics seem a bit pixelated and not as smooth. I wonder if that has something to do with not installing DirectX?

I made some progress but still not quite there.

Regards,
Jason

Yeah its a regression in Mavericks or on the Nvidia I am not sure. It works fine on AMD Radeon on Mountain Lion. However, I adjusted the tie now without Directx9 for Mavericks/Nvidia Mac owners.

I found out after some testing that in the graphical options you can select/deselect the graphical primary card. When you do that, (miraculously) it will fix the speed issue.

Cheers,

Paul

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMndmdEVjVFJlWHVMeW5SQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9