Deus Ex: Invisible War Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Games 10.0.1 (Mac)

I'm having issues with Deus Ex: Invisible War when using Crossover 10.0.1 on my Mac. When I try to load up the Steam version it says "problem starting up steam" then quits. While I have a legit version from Steam, I'm guessing this might be a copy protection measure that is being handled incorrectly by Crossover? I'm not sure...

Of note it sometimes loads! No idea why but sometimes it loads correctly. Consequently if I want to play DX2 I sit around for 30 minutes hitting the launch button until it finally works.

Any possible fixes?

Hi,

Not sure -- you'll note I have entered a bug against this (and other) titles
powered by the Unreal Engine (click on the Bugs tab here) -- I suspect (know)
that the Unreal Engine is twitchy about dual-core (or greater) CPUs, and it could
be failing loadout due to 'bad timing' wrt the game process threads.

My immediate idea would be for you to give the current Crossover Games beta version
a try and see if anything has improved there in these regards - although there's
no specific fixes for this in the beta, other improvements may have helped here as
well ; you never know until you try =)

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkNMRm1SNXpnVmRzeXFnayIsImdkcHIiOjB9