Deus Ex Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Deus Ex and Crossover 10

Installed Deus Ex via Steam and the mouse cursor sticks to the top of the screen. I haven't been able to find a way to fix this.

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=57;forum=1;msg=82535

I talk about this same problem here.

On the main menu, you could try using the keyboard to navigate to 'settings', 'display' and try 'rendering device'. I haven't tried that, but it might allow you to detect your system settings.

Let me know if it works.

Just a touch of FYI -- a number of games built on the Unreal Engine have
gone a bit spooky in CXG-10 --- issues vary dependent on the win32 app
itself and what OS/video hardware your kit has. Note that if you click
on the Bugs tab here, you can see I've reported same. Just be aware you
might be fighting more than one thing at present.... B)

Yes I'm having a few issues...
1) The mouse sticks to the top when I use Direct3D
2) If I use OpenGL with larger resolutions, I only get 1/4 of the content displayed, the rest of the screen is either black or white. This is fixed by using 640x480 (which looks rubbish.)
3) Many times when I startup I get a white screen... this is fixed by constantly re-loading until it works.

John Gamble wrote:

Yes I'm having a few issues...
1) The mouse sticks to the top when I use Direct3D
2) If I use OpenGL with larger resolutions, I only get 1/4 of the
content displayed, the rest of the screen is either black or white.
This is fixed by using 640x480 (which looks rubbish.)
3) Many times when I startup I get a white screen... this is fixed
by constantly re-loading until it works.

What OS are you using?

John - Might want to try configuring the wine bottle with a virtual desktop. That puts the game in window mode but the game things it's in full screen mode. I then just adjust the game's display setting to take up most of my screen.

Next, consider updating the OpenGL driver for the game. Download the copy from this site and replace the DLL within the wine bottle. The site states Unreal Tournament, but there's a link within the site for a Deus Ex driver:

http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

If you do this, it may help the game work better. I can't get the game to work properly in full screen mode under CXG 10.x; the mouse gets stuck at the top of the screen. But I prefer to run games within a virtual desktop anyhow, because it enables me to easily switch to other apps whenever I want.

The only side-effect of running the game with a virtual desktop is CXG won't allow it to adjust the monitor's brightness/contrast. This makes many maps in the game too dark to see properly. You can workaround this issue by enabling a hidden preference via Terminal:

defaults write com.codeweavers.CrossOverGames AllowGamma always

In the Tips & Tricks section I documented the procedures I used to get the game working well for me under CXG 10.x. It's a bit involved, but if you love this game as much as I do, it's worth the effort.

Hope this helps!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXpCTTZMUmc2YVZwUDNQYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9