Deus Ex Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

can't run on crossover v10.1.0 with Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Hi,

Can't seem to run Deus Ex GOTY on my Mac running OS X 10.6. I've installed it and stuff and run the app and it starts up, but then a black window appears and a little windows-style pop-up appears, with 'Deus Ex encountered a serious problem and needs to close'. Then it says some stuff about crossover compatibility and stuff.

I'm using the Direct2Drive version of Deus Ex.

Can anyone help?

Tom Oakley

I have the Steam version, and in Linux the only time it crashed on me was with CXG 9.1 or 9.0 set to emulate a virtual desktop.

Can you create a debug log, compress it, and host it somewhere? http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linuxtutorial/debug

Try the debug with the +seh channel, and with "+ntdll, +trace" in the Other box.

Review what I posted for procedures in the Tips & Tricks section.

I was able to get the game fully functional under OS X 10.6 with CrossOver Games 10.1.0 running on a 2010 Mac Pro. The game must run within a virtual desktop but will still allow you to properly adjust monitor's brightness/contrast if you enable a hidden preference I described. Additionally, the replacement launcher I found on the web addresses many other issues people encounter with this game such as variable speed and audio cutting short.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes for you.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicjVGeGdkTDNMVUFMS1F3TSIsImdkcHIiOjB9