Deus Ex Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New Deus Ex Mod - 2027

This looks like a real interesting mod. I'm surprised people are still making mods for this game!

http://project2027.com/

As of 6 days ago, the English translation of the game is complete, and an installer is anticipated to be released soon. We'll see how it installs in CXG...

English version has been released for download:
http://project2027.com/en/download/

Although sadly it requires .NET 3.5, which is currently not working in CXG:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4662

Well ... bummer. I might try installing it anyhow in a bottle to see if and how it needs .NET 3.5, otherwise got to wait!

Hmmm ... if only the mod's installer requires .Net 3.5, maybe it could be unpacked through other means?

But it's more likely that the mod contains its own patching program, and if that's what really requires .Net 3.5, well, it would be sad.

Finally got around to trying out the mod in CXG.

The installer completes fine, however it installs a new Launcher app for the game: 2027Launcher.exe. When I initially tried to run the executable, CXG reported that I needed Mono installed to launch .NET Executables. After completing this, the app crashes trying to load a .NET assembly.

Command output:
The entry point method could not be loaded

Command error text:

** (2027Launcher.exe:23): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from C:\DeusEx\2027Launcher.exe could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   PresentationFramework    (assemblyref_index=2)
     Version:    3.0.0.0
     Public Key: 31bf3856ad364e35
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (C:\DeusEx\).

** (2027Launcher.exe:23): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.

Seems they built their own .NET based launcher for their mod. Once we reach a point where we can install .NET frameworks within bottles, this mod should work just fine.

Aaron Smith wrote:

snip<

Once we reach a point where we can install .NET frameworks within
bottles, this mod should work just fine.

...we already can install .NET 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0, but no version greater
than these currently. Your trace above indicates it was after a .NET 3.0
interface. If it was an option for you, I'd try this in a later model
wine-devel tree, which... via winetricks... can have .NET 3.5 installed.
I'm not sure how functional it is though....

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidDk5WkozYWhVVEtjR1gzMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9