Deus Ex Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Keyboard not working

Hi,

I recently installed the GOG version of Deus Ex in CrossOver 13.1.3; I've installed with various versions of windows for the bottle (xp, vista, 7, ...), but no matter what I try I cannot get the keyboard to work.

I've tried with both the default Direct3D and the OpenGL drivers (the latter fixes the audio sync issues in the intro), but still no keyboard.

I also tried to switch to virtual desktop in the Wine Configuration, but the game always launches in fullscreen.

I only install Deux Ex; there is no mods or anything else.

Thanks

Can I ask what kind of keyboard you have? And also do you have any other games installed in CrossOver that you can test your keyboard with?

Thank you, that question was very useful.

The keyboard is a standard iMac cordless keyboard, but Japanese version. That means that while it's mostly like a US keyboard, there are various input methods. Now, the default one usually behaves exactly like the US one, but somehow Deus Ex reacts differently.

So the solution was to switch to the US input method.

So the issue is solved then?

Ian Pickert wrote:

So the issue is solved then?

Yes it is.

Thanks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTmRLa2FTOFN5WDRZcjI2USIsImdkcHIiOjB9