Deus Ex Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

requires CD?

Hi all. I'm trying to run Deus Ex on a MBP in Leapord. I've installed it, and when the game goes to launch, it's saying it needs the CD. The CD is in there but it won't recognize. Any ideas?

Find the game folder (DeusEx) and find DeusEx.ini in the system folder.
Open DeusEx.ini in a text editor and replace the line "CdPath=D:" with "CdPath=../"

That's it!

Hi John,

I've never had to do any modification of files. I have always run DX before the CrossOver process completes its reboot. When I forget to do this and let CX finish the install process, it asks me for the CD.

Kind regards,

Aaron.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYnVjWktNR3FzdkdwS1g2ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9