Deus Ex Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

OSX 10.4.10, Crossover 6.2.0

Running in Direct3d mode results in a crash (General Protection Fault) prior to the game menu being displayed, after the ION storm logo passes.

Running in OpenGL mode allows the game to be played, however, there is too much stuttering to make for an enjoyable experience.

Attempting to change resolutions results in a garbled display.

Game is very dark, even with brightness maximized.

Running with a second display connected results in the game window being rendered on one screen, and the cursor and keyboard focus being "trapped" in the other screen, which is entirely black.

Others reported a near-flawless experience with previous versions, so I am unsure if the issues are system or configuration specific, or if newer versions introduced bugs. If others could report their results, that would be helpful.

Hi JG,

I have performed a fresh reinstall of DX on CX Mac 6.2.0 and my game experience is essentially identical to my previous posts, except for the DX Dock icon. FYI I install DX in a fresh winxp bottle and run it with Direct3D mode.

My resolution is good (although if we ever get DX:IW working that might be another matter - I really struggled with the resolution in that game) and other gameplay issues are fine. Remember, if you get it working, laptop function keys control display functions and keyboard function keys control game functions.

Cheers,

Aaron.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYkJ3emJoWFlDQlFwa0dtNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9